What is Personally Identifiable Information (PII)?
Personally identifiable information (PII) is any data that can be used to identify a person, either on its own or when combined with other personal information.
PII in Privacy Law
Here’s an overview of some of the privacy laws and guidelines that protect PII today:
The United States:
- The FTCA
- The CCPA
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology’s Guide to Protecting the Confidentiality of PII
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA)
- Privacy Act
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Does my organization store PII data?
Most likely, YES, but understanding what it is can be confusing. We’re here to help simplify PII compliance like never before.
Get started on your PII compliance journey today by downloading our complimentary whitepaper
“A Complete Guide for Businesses on Securing Personally Identifiable Information (PII).” In the guide, you’ll learn:
- What is PII?
- Why PII matters
- PII in privacy law
- PI vs. PII
- PII in GDPR, CCPA
- An overview of PII scanning tools
Why Choose Ground Labs’ Enterprise Recon to Discover Your PII?
Ground Lab’s Enterprise Recon is uniquely positioned to assist compliance with Personal Data Protection laws in over 50 countries.
- Discover sensitive and personal data residing in desktops, servers, email, databases and cloud storage locations.
- Ground Labs is the solution provider to organizations across 85 countries, making us a global expert in compliance no matter where your company or customers are located.
- Unique solution benefits include reduced time required to map, analyze and remediate data.
By using Ground Labs personal data discovery capabilities, an organization can reduce overall time and investment required to reach and uphold privacy compliance with key regulations like GDPR and the CCPA.
The time to take control of your PII data is now.
Set up a complimentary meeting with us to learn more about how Enterprise Recon
can help meet your compliance, security and obligations to your customer PII needs today.
Customers who currently identifying PII data with Enterprise Recon
SCHEDULE A DISCUSSION TODAY